One of our favorite features is Quick Question – Short Answer. With a few quick clicks, you can use short answer to ask a question, then gather, visualize and discuss a whole class’s open responses. You could even have students VOTE on the responses!
1. Gather Student Questions:
As students settle into their seats have them enter a question based on last night’s homework or your current unit. You can quickly clear up any misunderstanding before moving on to that day’s agenda. By enabling each student to respond, you can see common questions that are applicable to a larger number of students. Use the VOTE feature to have them prioritize what you answer!
Remember – student questions project anonymously, but you can toggle on “show name” and also have a report afterward which tells who said what. Overall, students are less fearful of asking a question anonymously.
This is also a great tool to use at the end of class. As students start to pack up, open a short answer to gather any points of confusion to incorporate into your plan for the next day, or ask a question based on that day’s content to see what your students have learned!
In every class, there are key vocabulary items that students need to master. Pose a vocabulary word in short answer and ask students to use that word in a sentence, or respond with the definition.
3. Foreign Language
There are multiple ways to allow students to show their understanding in a second language classroom.
– Present students with a sentence and ask them to translate
– Present students with a sentence and ask them to write a follow-on sentence
– Have students use a key vocabulary term in a sentence (verbs, nouns, adjectives etc.)
How Quick Question – Short Answer Works:
1. From your Teacher Dashboard select “Quick Question”
2. Select the “Short Answer” on the right
3. Type a Question into the text field (optional)
4. Choose whether you would like a SINGLE or UNLIMITED responses from your Students
5. Choose whether you would like students to be ANONYMOUS or REQUIRE their name. (Either way, all responses initially display on your screen anonymously)
6. Select start!